From 1924 onwards, apart from the war years,
there has been an Annual Service of Remembrance on November 11th,
which is a national holiday in France. Click here
for an account of this event.
The Royal British Legion
In addition to this:
- On August 4th each year the RBL paris Branch
has the honour of celebrating the "Ravivage de la Flamme "
at the Arc de Triomphe usually with an ambassador of one of the Commonwealth
countries as guest of honour.
- The Paris Branch organises a coffee morning,
usually in November,at the Ambassador's residence, kindly hosted by
the Ambassador's wife in aid of the Poppy appeal. This is open to all
to attend. It is part of a very active Poppy appeal.
- There are monthly lunches at our HQ, 28 rue des
Acacias, Paris 17 for members, theur guests and visitors to Paris.
- Christmas events usually include a lunch and
- Regular visits to the War Grave sites
of Northern France are often organised, usually in the summer months,
- The Paris branch is frequently asked
to parade the RBL standard at ceremonies in and around Paris.
For a calendar of current events,
and how to attend, click here
or on the icon at the top of the page.